Flu Vaccinations 2020
Please telephone the surgery to booking for flu vaccinations
We are only booking at this time all over 65’s and under 65’s with chronic illnesses
Due to COVID-19 in order to keep our patients and staff safe we will be holding small frequent clinic’s please see some guidelines below which we are asking all patients to follow if you have any queries please let the receptionist know when you call to book your appointment.
Queue around the back of the surgery in and out of the nurse’s area
- Only patients with mobility problem will be asked to park in the surgery car park all other patients to do use Tesco/side street etc..
- Clothing –please must wear easy to remove clothing ie. Short sleeves under coat/jacket which will need to be removed just before entering the building
- You will not be able to sit down in consultation room or touch anything in the room
- Attend alone where possible or if arriving together will be going in separately
- Must NOT arrive any earlier than 5-10 mins before appointment and will be asked to come back if arrive at the wrong time/day
- NOT to attend if unwell on the day
Why have your flu vaccination at YOUR GP surgery?
- We offer a setting where we can check your medical records and make sure you get the most suitable vaccine
- We can offer protection for those who may be forgetful by reducing the risk of duplicating in vaccine being administered
- We offer a fast, efficient and friendly flu clinic with your lock surgery team (the staff really enjoy our flu clinics, it gives us a nice break from ‘normal’ work)
- We have already ordered a flu vaccination for all eligible patients registered with us. We have to do this and assure NHS England we have enough vaccines for everyone. We have to buy the vaccines for you and we can only return limited numbers that go unused, and the rest have to paid for by the surgery. Please book your appointment to receive your vaccination with us, YOUR local GP surgery, have brought your vaccine and want to protect you!
Station View Health Centre have made changes to the way they offer ‘Same day’ appointments
‘Same day’ appointments are available for patients to book on the day and these are booked by calling the surgery at 08.00. These appointments are intended for patients with acute illnesses/problems that need to be actioned by a Clinician that day.
These appointments will now be booked in time order to prevent the further loss of appointments.
We would also like to remind patients that our ANP, nurses, B12, INR and blood appointments can be booked online without the need to call the surgery.
If you would like to sign up to Online Access, please speak to a member of the reception team. (You will need to provide photo ID)
We would like to thank you for your ongoing support.
Changes to repeat prescription ordering
The way repeat prescriptions are ordered has changed. Since the 30th June 2019 you have to order your repeat prescriptions directly through our GP practice, and not your high street or internet pharmacy or appliance contractor.
To help with ordering repeat medication, you can sign up to Online Services, please speak to a receptionist about signing up.
For more information please see the West Leicestershire Clinical Commissioning Group's website HERE
Click here for an information poster
Over the Counter Medication/Treatments for Self-Limiting Conditions
As you may be aware, the NHS is under unprecedented financial pressure and it is vital that all NHS resources are used in the best way possible, therefore we are encouraging Patients to self-care in the first instance by managing symptoms through non-medicinal intervention or alternatively, to seek advice from a community Pharmacist and purchase an OTC medication to manage minor ailments as outlined in the ‘Guidance for Self-Limited Conditions’ further down.
This will also help to reduce the number of unnecessary appointments. If a Patient consults with a GP, or an Advanced Nurse Practitioners the Practice will no longer prescribe medicines which are available over the counter for self-limiting conditions, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Click here for more information about this change and self-limiting condtions and self help advice.
In order to save our patients queuing in the cold winter months our front doors will now not be opening until 8.20am so please do not come and queue at the door unless you have an appointment already made.
This will enable us to have two extra staff answering the telephones, so will be able to make your appointment over the telephone prior to your visit.
Our telephone lines will be available from 8.00am as usual.
The Health Centre
The health centre has suitable access for disabled patients. Parking facilities are available but these are limited. Please do not leave your vehicle in the car park while you finish your shopping!
The history of Station View Health Centre goes back over 70 years to the time that the first GP set up in Hinckley to provide general medical services to the local population. Since then, the practice has gradually developed to become one of the most comprehensive primary health care teams in the Hinckley and Market Bosworth area. This has happened on an evolving basis with the single-handed practice becoming a partnership after the second world war, and a group practice establishing itself in the 1970s. Since that time, and during the 1980s and 1990s, the primary health care team has become reality coupled with professional management and, more recently, purpose-built premises. The practice has worked from many different locations over the years, and during 2002 relocated to a brand new private finance-funded primary care building.
To provide safe, high quality care for patients whilst supporting and encouraging staff to achieve their full potential.
How To Contact Us
Appointments and other business: 01455 635362
Emergencies (for use only for paramedic’s and hospital not for patient’s): 01455 634367
Out-of-hours service: 111